But that shade had to go it not only had the look, but the smell of the 70's!....... I was not going to be putting that on my bedside table!
I found this new shade for $1 it was a nice shade but just not the look I was going for.
After washing and sanding down the base, I sprayed it with Krylon in brushed metal. I ripped a part the shade and added some ivory polyester fabric. I cut out leaf shapes and frayed the edges then I started attaching them to the shade to look like flowers, I like how it gives it some texture. It's a little hard to see the detail in this picture ....again my photography stills are lacking.
You can see the detail a little better when it's all lit up. I didn't expect it to look like this when turned on, but its kind of neat. It's a little small for the scale of my large bed, it will be going in the guest room. But not bad for $6 (I had the fabric and paint).