Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Lamp Revamp

What can I say......this lamp is UGLY!!! Does it not scream thrift store 70's special! I am sure you have all seen something like this at your grandmas back in the day.  But for $5 I thought I would take it home...hey it worked and we all know a little spray paint can go along way!
But that shade had to go it not only had the look, but the smell of the 70's!....... I was not going to be putting that on my bedside table!


I found this new shade for $1 it was a nice shade but just not the look I was going for.

After washing and sanding down the base, I sprayed it with Krylon in brushed metal.  I ripped a part the shade and added some ivory polyester fabric.  I cut out leaf shapes and frayed the edges then I started attaching them to the shade to look like flowers, I like how it gives it some texture.  It's a little hard to see the detail in this picture ....again my photography stills are lacking.


You can see the detail a little better when it's all lit up.  I didn't expect it to look like this when turned on, but its kind of neat.  It's a little small for the scale of my large bed, it will be going in the guest room.  But not bad for $6 (I had the fabric and paint).



Linked to:















10 comments:

  1. Love the new look!
    I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice=) I've always wanted to revamp a lamp shade. You did a nice job with this one=) And I love the price!!! Visiting from power of paint party=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your lamp makeover! Especially the shade. Great job :-)

    -Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for linking up to www.thetshirtdiaries.com. I am having a Stash-Busting September party. Check the blog for details soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I would love to see a detailed tutorial on the shade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe the difference. I think your shade idea is brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love taking something old and making it new again! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a bit late to the party but I LOVE THIS LAMP!!! You did such a great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete